Mar 1, 2007

How many first alarms do you set?

I observe in a classrom every Tuesday and Thursday at 8am, a task that has proven incredibly difficult to wake up for, partly because I've begun internalizing my alarm again, so I have to switch.

Anyway, whether or not I get up for it has become somewhat of a game for the other two members in my group. They know I am Narcoleptic and have become increasingly understanding of the difficulties I have, thus the reason that my absences haven't irritated only humored them.

Today's conversation was quite enlightening for them. They were talking about what time they got up and one turned to me and asked:

"What time did your alarm go off?"

"Which one?" I asked.

They giggled and replied, "The first one."

Smiling I asked them, "which one?"

They both sat their puzzled for a few moments. I let them sit on that for a few seconds and said, "I have two alarms that wake me to take my medicine before I want to get up and then another alarm begins the actual waking process about an hour later."

They both started laughing and before we could finish our fun class began. However, it was certainly an eye-opening experience for them as to what it takes to wake up int he morning. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

1 comment:

Overpriced Designer Man Bag said...

I hit the snooze button 5 times before I wake up.

If that doesn't work, I just skip going to class.